Re: Broader checkpoint:

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:35:11 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

  I took an action item two weeks ago, and didn't do it last week, to
  propose expansion of guideline 7.2 (in the 10 february draft -
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-WAI-USERAGENT-19990210 ) to cover the general
  case of user agents.

  In order to do this in the new March 9 draft I think there is very little
  to be done.

  7.2.1 [Priority 1] currently reads:

  For desktop graphical browsers. Export programmatic interfaces to ATs and
  follow operating system conventions to do so (e.g., Microsoft Active
  Accessibility, Sun Microsystems Java Accessibility).

  I would replace the words "to ATs and follow" with the word "following",
  and remove the browser specificity and the words "to do so", giving:

  Export programmatic interfaces following operating system conventions.

  for 7.2.2 [Priority 1], currently

  For desktop graphical browsers. Ensure that exported interfaces conform to
  those specified by a W3C DOM Recommendation.

  I would give:

  Ensure that exported interfaces include those covered by relevant W3C DOM
  recommendations

  Charles McCathieNevile