Re: review of section 6

HB: My comment announcer.
At 2/23/99 08:00 PM , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>

>  The checkpoints are, so far as I can see, as follows:
>
>  1. Allow the user to navigate the document's structural tree [p2]
>
>  2. Allow the user to generate and navigate a tree based on the semantics
>  of a DTD [p3]
>
>  Technique: For an HTML document, construct a tree where headers are
>  considered children of preceding headers with greater priority, and
>  block-level elements are considered children of headers. Amaya does
>  something like this in its 'outline' view.
>
>  3. Allow the user to search for content. In case of a match, move the
>  selection to the content [p2]
>
>  4. Allow the user to search for an element, by specifying text content or
>  the content of descriptive attributes (eg TITLE, ALT). In case of a match,
>  move the selection to the element [p3]

HB: 5. Allow the user a qualified search on attribute names and values. [p3]

Significant information about the visual content of a document may be
available in attribute=value pairs. The qualification may be on element
name and its hierarchic position in the DOM, it may be on attribute name.

Regards/Harvey Bingham