Re: MathML Sub group

At 2/15/99 10:42 AM , Jon Gunderson wrote:
>Tom,
>We are in the final stages of the UA Guidelines.  If we do not have
>anything from the MathML sub-group on issues relating to MathML in the next
>2 weeks (March 2nd) we will not be able to include anything in the
>guidelines related to specific features that are needed to make MathML
>rendering user agents more accessible.  Please let me know by Thursday (Feb
>18th) if you have any plans to submit a MathML accessibility proposal to
>the working group for consideration for inclusion in the UA guidelines.

What do we do with the 4000 or so glyphs defined in the spec, and their
(somewhat arbitrary) names. Are there subsets of these? Do particular
domains of math discourse get to choose which they wish to use and define
what they mean by each? Is there any attempt by AMS to give meaning to
these glyphs beyond their names?

Regards/Harvey