Re: RESOLUTION: Table access checkpoints for Desktop Graphical User Agents

Charles Oppermann wrote:

> I'm not asking the WG or the W3C to endorse any vendor specific technology.
> Likewise, the WG shouldn't just say
>
> "Priority 1:  Implement DOM Level 1"
>
> Okay - let's say we did exactly that.  Would it help accessibility?
> Currently not.

I still think the WG shuld say "Implement DOM Level 1" even
if that doesn't solve the entire problem today. This would be
one of the WG's choices that refers to future solutions, not
legacy solutions.

I agree that without exporting the DOM, its utility is reduced.
I propose that we (again) invite someone from the DOM WG to
enlighten us during a teleconf.

Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814
http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs