CSS control

The CSS1 Recommendation runs as Denis says. This was changed in CSS2,
which became a recommendation in mid 1998, to give the author final
control.

We should suggest that CSS is used to implement a number of the
checkpoints, and that if this is done then the CSS2 Cascade order should
be used, not that of CSS1.

Charles McCathieNevile

  At 03:30 PM 1/26/99 -0500, Denis Anson wrote:
  >On another matter, one of the points that we have been promoting is that the
  >user can implement a style sheet under CSS, so that there is some local
  >control over rendering of the document.  However, my reading of the CSS book
  >says that the priority is for the author stylesheet, the user style sheet,
  >then the default browser style sheet.  Does this mean that if the author
  >creates a style sheet, the user's sheet will be over-ridden?  This seems
  >like a bad idea, from an accessibility point of view.

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Jon Gunderson replied
  JRG: Our current guidelines require that the user have the final control
  over font rendering by asking that the user be able to turn off author
  supplied font information.

phone: +1 617 258 0992   http://purl.oclc.org/net/charles