List view.  The selection remains in both panes (frames) but the focus is in
the currently active pane (frame).

FYI - once again this message almost didn't make it to the list because of
the stupid way the W3C won't set the REPLY-ALL header.  During the spell
check I noticed the list was not on the TO: line. Last week one of my
messages did not make it to the list and someone replied to one of my
messages that maybe was intended for the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kitch Barnicle [mailto:kitch@afb.org]
Sent: Monday, August 24, 1998 8:07 AM
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Subject: frames and frame attributes

I have a few questions and comments regarding frames in relation to the UA
guidelines.

1. Should the guidelines specify that the UA should provide access to the
frame title and longdesc attributes, both of which are included in the page
author guidelines? The way the guidelines are currently formatted it seems
like this guideline should appear in 8.2 compatibility with HTML 4.0 but I
wonder if we need a separate section on frames.

2. Will the mechanisms for providing direct access to elements change if
the page is framed? I am just wondering if numbering links or searching for
links and moving the selection /focus will be affected by the use of frames.

Thanks,
Kitch