RE: Tasks: browser <-> screen reader

Most screen readers will try to work with as many programs as possible.
One thing they will do is read any marked text. When using Opera you
can get any text marked and you can jump between text elements using
the keyboard. Opera differentiates between headers, normal text and
links. For the text to be read correctly you need to set the setting

	Invert Marked Text in Font settings

Opera also has three modes for graphics display, which you can change
on the fly with a button in the UI:

  - Load and show images
  - Show loaded images only (uses image size if available)
  - Do not show images (make sure the full text is there to be read).

The user can select any font and color for headings, text, etc. giving
them full control. These settings can override document settings.
We believe that it is important to give the user full control. Some
users want black background color and yellow headings and green text
in general with red links. If that is what they need/want, let them
have it.

--
Regards/Ciao/Kær kvedja/Vennlig hilsen/...

Jon S. von Tetzchner
Opera Software
Jon@operasoftware.com
http://www.operasoftware.com

Opera - The browser that is made for you.