Re: Tasks: browser <-> screen reader

Response to David by JRG:
I think it would be difficult in some operating systems for the browser to
know there is a screen reader, escpecially UNIX.  I think that the browser
should have features that can support screen readers, but I am not sure we
should require screen readers to be detected.  It is not clear to me that
there would be a good consensus between screen reader manufactures about
what the browser should do if it new there was a screen reader present.
Jon
At 06:39 PM 4/6/98 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:
>I finally got in and read the page.  I have a couple of comments.  is it
>possible for the ua to sense that there is a screenreader and
>automatically make at least the basic adjustment to pages that come in or
>perhaps automatically set a default that prevents the text from extending
>outside the window?
>there are a few other things, but I'll be going back over the document for
>them.
>

>Hands-On-Technolog(eye)s
>touching the internet
>voice: 1-(301) 949-7599