Re: [EXTERNAL] Designing and Testing for Reflow

I use the browser Inspector (F12). After opening it I drag the window border until the width (displayed at the top right of the web viewport) is 320px. Before doing this I dock the Inspector  to the side of the window, not the top or bottom, because the browser (at least Chrome but I think other bowsers too) will not let you resize the window below 500px width. But with the Inspector taking up some of that width, you can get the web viewport down to 320px.

Mark

________________________________
From: Sabrina Curutan <curutasv@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday 27 March 2024 15:53
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Designing and Testing for Reflow

Hi W3 Community,

Inquiring how others test their web pages to meet Success Criterion 1.4.10 Reflow (Level AA). I tried zooming in a Chrome window on my large-screen monitor to 400%, a Chrome window on my laptop monitor to 400%, and used inspect to resize the window size to 320px wide. Unfortunately, all have produced different results.

Looking to see if anyone can provide the most correct/proper way to test out a website in Chrome.

Thanks for your help!

Sabrina