RE: Is Common Failure Technique F87: inserting non-decorative content by using ::before and ::after pseudo-elements; still valid?

And my experience of US Govt websites vs UK would say that I can understand why the results show that. The US ones, ESTA for instance, are obscured by overblown language and poor UX.

From: Steve Green <steve.green@testpartners.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2024 8:44 PM
To: Michael Livesey <mike.j.livesey@gmail.com>; Adam Cooper <cooperad@bigpond.com>
Cc: Marc Haunschild <marc.haunschild@accessibility.consulting>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Is Common Failure Technique F87: inserting non-decorative content by using ::before and ::after pseudo-elements; still valid?

Leaving aside the fact that the survey is 5 years old, it's about US government websites, not UK government websites.

And I know it's true that some UK government websites score well because we do some of the testing.

But you've moved the discussion away from accessibility, towards usability, which is much less dependent on code quality. I well know that online retailers spend a fortune on conversion rate optimisation. Sadly, very few put the same effort into providing an accessible user experience, which is where code quality matters.

Steve