Re: Is Common Failure Technique F87: inserting non-decorative content by using ::before and ::after pseudo-elements; still valid?

Thanks Patrick, had to chuckle at the preamble you wrote.

Agree with your overarching concern, if a user chooses to disabled CSS,
should the author be responsible for that. I think that has to be answered
in the negative.

Disabling CSS would, in my opinion, tip the balance more into the scope of
what I would consider to be user defined content.

This nicely avoids a debate as to why anyone would choose to disable CSS in
the first place and progressive enhancement.

On Monday, March 18, 2024, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk> wrote:
> While the back-and-forth tangent around progressive enhancement good /
progressive enhancement bad etc is interesting, I'd suggest refocusing on
the original question.

> I see there are already issues open against the technique. I just filed
another (meta) issue for discussion to hopefully re-assess the technique's
validity.