From: Juliette McShane Alexandria <mcshanejuliette@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2024 5:29 PM
To: P A F <pafalways@gmail.com>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Sortable Table Focus Order

Hi there,

That sounds like an issue under 3.2.2, On Input<https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG22/Understanding/on-input.html>. What you are describing is considered a 'change of context<https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG22/Understanding/on-input.html#dfn-changes-of-context>'. The solutions here are to adjust the behavior of the component so it does not reload the page or to provide a warning before users encounter the controls that interacting with them will refresh the page.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Juliette