Re: 2.4.7 Focus Visible

>> As I've watched this conversation at first my impression was that you
didn't understand the normative requirement of the Focus Visible SC 2.4.7.
It's clear, however, that you do
>> understand it - you just disagree with how narrowly it has been scoped
and hope that an advisory technique would dissuade some developers from
implementing visible focus
>> for only keyboard interactions.

I wouldn't put is quite like that, but almost, yes.

>> I don't know how much traction an advisory technique will get when it
explicitly contradicts the normative language which permits the
implementation of the thing being advised against.

Would an advisory would be "contradictory"?. As Patrick points out the
normative language does not tell developers to obliterate focus-visible. An
advisory to that effect would therefore not be contradictory would it?

 The question then becomes, what harm can an advisory do? Having erred in
the normative language by too narrowly scoping the AA criteria, is it then
better to compound that error by falling silent and acquiescing to terrible
UX, or is an advisory both the reasonable and correct thing to do?