Re: Error copy and WCAG compliance

Hi Kiran,

If the input the error message is correct - but of course it’s better to inform at this point already about what should be in the input.

But if there is something in the input that failed a validation, information should be given, that explains what kind of data and/ or in which is expected.

Like a phone number, a date (mm/dd/yy or dd//mm/yyyy old month like January, February…)

This would be SC 3.3.3 https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/Understanding/error-suggestion.html

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marc Haunschild - he / him - #gernPerDu
Prüfstelle im BIK-BITV-Prüfverbund

Marc Haunschild Accessibility Consulting
Sonnenhof 32
53119 Bonn

Telefon: 0170 8 64 00 63
Web: https://Accessibility.Consulting https://mhis.de