Re: Minimum font size requirement or guideline for accessibility

On 09/03/2023 02:58, Adam Cooper wrote:
> Yes, variability in how content is rendered is not something authors have direct control over, but this does not prevent designers and developers from specifying a baseline font size of 16px regardless of whether WCAG offers such a recommendation ... this should be considered a de facto standard.
>
> I would expect developers to understand these variables and their interactions from a technical perspective, and designers and accessibility professionals at least to be aware of them.

Just wanted to make sure that the latter is true in this conversation,
before folks start suggesting actual physical minimum sizes (and we then
have the same lengthy discussion that happened back in the day when
trying to define a minimum target size, and folks were constantly trying
to bring it back to "for an average finger on a touchscreen, it should
be 2cm by 2cm" and then being taken aback by the fact that it was not
possible to specify these sorts of "as measured on screen" dimensions
since they're outside of an author's direct control).

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux