Re: Multiple ways during a step in a process

On 01/03/2023 13:43, Kelly Childs wrote:
> When providing multiple ways to navigatie, WCAG clarifies that multiple
> ways to get to a step in a process is not required. However, what about
> once you are in that process?
>
> For example, if you have a multi-step form, do you have to provide a way
> for users to navigate back to the rest of the pages of the website?

No, and that's not what "Multiple Ways" is about. (the SC is concerned
with having more than one way to reach the page you're currently on, not
whether or not there's ways to navigate to other parts of a process or site)

> I think that if nothing else, this would be best practice since it can
> be confusing when you can not figure out how to get back to the other
> pages. However, does WCAG require you to explicitly provide a way to
> return once you are in the multi-step process?

No

--
Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke