From: Tyler Petty <tylerp@thinkparallax.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 2:28 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Does a downloadable PDF report on a website fall under the legal
requirements for ADA?

Sorry if I am phrasing this incorrectly. Does a downloadable PDF report on a
website need to meet the same WCAG 2.1 requirements as the website itself or
does a PDF not fall under a good, service, activity, or privilege?
Specifically a PDF annual report. I am just curious if legal action could be
taken against a company for not providing ada complaint pdfs. I could not
find anything on W3 that claims a pdf could be seen as an extension of a
website and therefore needs to be compliant. Again, my apologies for the bad
phrasing. I am very very new to ADA compliance and really have no idea what
I am talking about! Thanks!