Re: Link labels

In my opinion: a form label not programatically associated to an input does not fail 1.3.1 if the text is adjacent in a way that is not ambiguous. However, it would fail 2.5.3 [1]. Because in the text of that requirement:

  For user interface components with labels that include text or images of text, the name contains the text that is presented visually.

a label is defined in a way that covers the text available in context, and a name is defined as a programmatic association to the control. This might also apply to your situation, implying that the headings have to be programmatically associated, which could lead to the painful repetition Mark mentioned.

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#label-in-name

cheers