From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Sent: 28 September 2022 10:50
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: 1.4.12 text spacing

On 28/09/2022 10:47, Marc Haunschild wrote:
>> Am 28.09.2022 um 10:49 schrieb Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>:
>>
>> On 27/09/2022 13:48, Jonathan Avila wrote:
>>> There are some ACT rules around this that seem to indicate use of !important in CSS is a failure.    https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/act/rules/24afc2/

>> I'd caution here that that ACT rule is specifically about inline styles (e.g. <p style="line-height: 1 !important">) which have the highest possible specificity that can't be overridden.
>
> Even this a simple user style sheet should overrideā€¦

Sure, but the ability to actually set real user styles (rather than injecting extra styles in a document's <head>, like most plugins/extensions do) has been slowly but surely phased out of most browsers.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux