Re: For content to be accessible should it inform if what you are interacting with is an ad or not ad

On 16/08/2022 10:31, bryan rasmussen wrote:
> yeah but sometimes you have visually identifiable differences that you
> have not made clear in your accessibility tree, that is what I suppose
> would be the main case - and in that case can you argue well sighted
> users can see that is an Ad but blind users of a screen reader have no
> clue.

As said, this depends on the specific context/situation. there's no
blanket "this will always fail if not done a certain way". You can, in
situations where visually something is made clear but not conveyed in
underlying markup, make a case for something under 1.1.1 Non-text
Content, or 1.3.1 Info and Relationships. But that will be case-specific.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux