From: Ramakrishnan Subramanian <ram.eict2013@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2021 2:22 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Character key short cut exemption on focus

Hi,
I have a query on Character key short cut exemption on focus. There is an exemption mentioned for the third point in WCAG SC 2.1.4. But that is generally associated only with the components like combo box. WCAG does not talk about the video player scenario. Hence, I would like to know whether the same is applicable for a video player when the player controls can be activated using the Character Key short cut only when the focus is on the Video player?

--

Thanks and Regards
Ramakrishnan