Re: Buttons styled as links and links styled as buttons

>"the visual
presentation doesn't convey the actual programmatic structure underneath")

in a lot of scenarios that makes better sense as a description of the
problem, if people are using buttons correctly, not as links etc. then the
markup structure is correctly matched to functionality, but if the design
then mandates those buttons look like not-buttons then it seems reasonable
to argue that it is the design that is wrong.