From: Niklas Pivic <niklas.pivic@tink.com>
Sent: 15 September 2021 13:18
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Word list and select/click/tap/press/choose

Hi there!

I have two questions:

1. Does WAI have a word list similar to what ASD-STE100<https://asd-ste100.org> (Simplified Technical English) use?
2. For computer terms: do you think 'select' should be used instead of more specific ones like click, tap, press, and choose?

My second question is pretty biased; I like 'select' as it's fairly universal. To me, 'click' is only for computer mice, 'tap' and 'press' are for mobile devices, and 'choose' feels...fluffy.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Niklas Pivic