Re: Captcha alternatives

On 13/10/2021 15:13, Marc Haunschild wrote:
> Getting spam is a problem that no visitor of a website has.

Although, for simple e-commerce sites, spam associated with response
forms may be the main issue (and such sites are likely to be created by
the least accessibility aware designers), a big concern for many is
intellectual property theft - they may allow individuals to have access
to small parts of a database, but want the database, as a whole, to not
be, effectively, in the public domain - or to prevent searching for
accounts with weak passwords.

> In many cases simple and stupid solutions can help a lot, like putting a confirmation page between the form and the final send button or checking the time between opening a form and sending it.
>
> No human sends a form in less than a second / robots so!

These only work whilst they are unusual.  It is  very easy to program a
robot to work round them.  I suspect some of the current ones are
actually trying to rely on robots reacting too quickly to trivial
problems, but to the extent that is the case, the robots will start
adding delays.