Re: Captions requirement for picture in picture videos

On 07/09/2021 20:38, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Looking for some insights on a situation where we have a video player that shows captions when viewed in original player, and this video player will also show up within picture in picture frame so that people can multitask while viewing the video. So, the question is does a video being displayed within picture in picture frame need to have captions? Since even if we  show the captions it will appear very small and very hard to read, so would  it be still a compliance requirement or a good to have feature?

If a user is deaf/hard of hearing, they'll still need them regardless of
whether you've got it as picture in picture or full-size. So I'd suggest
seeing if the size of the captions can be made still reasonably readable
even at the small size.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux