From: Peter Weil <peter.weil@wisc.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 6:34 AM
To: 'Bryan Garaventa' <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>; 'Louise Lister' <Louise.Lister@iop.org>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org; kerscher@montana.com
Subject: Re: FW: Good accessibility practice for handling footnotes

Thanks Bryan and Matt.

Does anyone know why are these aria-roles are documented separately from the roles developers are probably more familiar with in https://w3c.github.io/aria/? If they are usable in the web context, it seems as though they deserve some mention in the latter (unless I’ve missed something).

Also, do these roles communicate any information directly to the user, or only to the assistive technologies users might be using?

Peter

--

Peter Weil, Web Developer

University Marketing