Re: Strange behavior on MacOS Big Sur with arai-roledescription and web application?

Hi Jonathan,
Just following up, we tried Firefox and VoiceOver and the behavior does not exist there. I didn’t think to try Firefox and VoiceOver because that combination has never worked well for me before.

The issue is a Safari problem. It might be happening because we dynamically remove the grab button from the actual DOM when the balloon is grabbed, and then put it back when the balloon is released.

In our former implementation, we just moved focus from the grab button to the movable balloon and hid the button.

We thought removing the grab button was a cleaner implementation, but unfortunately VoiceOver can’t handle it - at least not yet.

Thanks for your help. We have some things to try out.
Taliesin

~.~.~
Also reachable at:
Taliesin.Smith@colorado.edu