Re: 1.3.1 info and relationships

Hi Marc,

You are correct. And in such a situation I would not fail the SC. I was
talking about a situation where:

1. There is no visual indication its a header and
2. it isn't a header semantically speaking but
3. it still has a header element.

In that situation I would fail it with SC 1.3.1, despite SC 1.3.1 not
explicitly saying it should fail.

There is no subjective decision from the auditor if you clearly define what
a semantic header is and isn't. However WCAG never defined a header so
there is some small subjectivity in point 2.

Greetings,

*Brian Bors*

[image: Accessibility]

*www.accessibility.nl <https://www.accessibility.nl/>*