From: Jeana Clark <jclark@veritashealth.com>
Sent: 08 March 2021 18:06
To: W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: eNewsletter Guidance?

Hello all -

Does anyone have a good resource for how to test for accessibility within email newsletters? It’s not quite the same as a website. We’re also working with 3rd party templates which I know often aren’t accessible.  So I just want to make sure we’re doing as much as we can to make them accessible.

This list from the HHS seems like a very reasonable checklist to go through: https://www.hhs.gov/web/section-508/making-files-accessible/checklist/email-508-checklist/index.html

I can’t find anything in the WCAG documentation that mentions emails, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there.. searching for email/newsletters gets me a ton of results for signing up for newsletters :) not for understanding accessibility in them.

Thanks!
Jeana