Re: QR Code Suggestions

On 05/03/2021 18:01, Guy Hickling wrote:
> How about this as a way to help blind people place their camera over QR
> codes being shown on a desktop PC (they need a way to know where the
> thing is positioned so they can hold their mobile phone camera over it):

Depends on the phone, of course, but noting that QR scanners (and mobile
phone cameras) have advanced quite a bit in recent years. As I test, I
just tried on my relatively old iPhone 7, using iOS 14's built-in QR
scanner, to scan a relatively small 300x300 pixel QR code image on an
otherwise very visually busy 1920x1080 24 inch screen, and it was
sufficient at about 40 cm distance to just wave the camera roughly in
the direction of the screen and sweep around a bit, and it picked it out
without a problem.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux