Re: Question regarding browser-specific issues

On 18/02/2021 17:00, Brooks Newton wrote:
> Content owners/authors depend upon a constant stream of improvements to
> standards-based technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.) to accommodate these new
> design patterns and components that pop-up and come into vogue.

Content designers always want to be different from other designers,
which means they will continually use markup languages in ways they were
not designed to be used.

The only language that would meet designer requirements would be a full
function graphic programming language allowing them to construct
arbitrary user interfaces.  Not being a markup language would mean that
you could not decorate it with the semantic information needed by
assistive technology.

In my view, the design imperative to be different frustrates usability
because it requires users to continuously update their knowledge of
design paradigms, which is not possible for everybody.