Re: Question regarding browser-specific issues

On 17/02/2021 23:21, Brooks Newton wrote:
> There will be no appetite if you haven't taken the first step in making
> it a possibility, which is to include all parties to the user experience
> in the master plan framework for accessibility. The W3C, or any other
> standards body for that matter, lacks the direct capacity to compel
> content authors to adjust their sites, apps, etc. to follow WCAG rules.
> So how did it work it out that WCAG only speaks to content authors, and
> not the other parties to the user experience?

Again, I'd refer you to UAAG and ATAG and the work that WAI has
attempted in the past at getting browser devs, AT devs, etc around the
table. Sure, it might be worth another shot, but let's not make it sound
like this hasn't actually been attempted before...

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux