Re: Links on focus

Yes, if there is no change in luminosity or a very subtle one (the threshold is 3:1), than it’s considered to be just a change of color, which is a violation.

But again: make the focus clearly visible.

The standards WCAG, ATAG... are a consensus of minimal demands.

For real world users it’s better to have stronger visual cues, than a luminosity change and/ or color.

Even for people without disabilities this can be really hard to see while quickly tabbing through a page.

And I also consider it a lost chance for a great design solution, that might support the corporate design.

I never understood why so few designers take this chance to give a website a nice little extra...

There are great examples for beautiful and accessible focus styles.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marc Haunschild
https://Accessibility.Consulting