From: Steve Green <steve.green@testpartners.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 9:50 AM
To: Bristow, Alan
Subject: RE: 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value VS an unlabeled nav

In my opinion, this is clearly not a failure of 4.1.2 for the reason you mention.

I would fail it under 1.3.1 instead. However, this has been discussed recently in this forum and I know that some people agree and others don't. In any given organisation it is important that you decide one way or the other, because the last thing developers need is testers (or other developers) making contrary decisions. Consistency is perhaps more important than the actual decision.

Steve Green
Managing Director
Test Partners Ltd