Re: Focus indication on press on mobile

This would be sort of covered by  1.3.1

If there is ANY information passed to ANY users  (beep, flash, tactile) then that information has to be programmatically determinable.   That is, it needs to be accessible to AT.

So AT should be possible to create that would allow you to add an accessible presentation of this information.

Unfortunately - most mobile OSs don’t have great AT support other than themselves.   So you should try sending a note to
Accessibility@apple.com
Accessibility@google.com
Accessibility@microsoft.com

And telling them that this would be a very handy feature for them to add.

They have been quite responsive to these suggestions to date.

BE SURE to include in your email - that this idea is offered freely and without and claim to rights - so they are free to use it.

Sometime ideas are submitted that are hard to implement - if they are complicated and the sender may have filed a patent on them.  So nice to just make it clear that at least the sender is not holding rights to it - or if they are - that they are giving free license to use the ideas.

I have gotten many ideas into the OSs in this manner.

gregg

Professor, University of Maryland, College Park
Director , Trace R&D Center, UMD
Co-Founder Raising the Floor. http://raisingthefloor.org
And the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII) http://GPII.net