Re: accessible name computation & changing button labels

I agree with Patrick that this is conformant as-is, and I'll add my
observation of desktop screen reader users' micro interactions with such
buttons.

(1) A user activates the button. (2) Nothing is immediately announced, so
they wait... not seeing the screen, they initially assume it might be
processing. (3) After a few seconds, they want to know what has happened
and where they are now, so they announce their current location, e.g.
Insert+Tab.

Announcing the current focused element reliably announces the new button
name, so I do not recommend hacks to force an announcement in this case.

My observations on this have only been from guerilla research, so if
anybody has another perspective, please share. For example, I'm curious if
mobile screen reader users might swipe forward and back at step 3. I'm also
curious how context and button text affect users' initial expectations and
behaviors over time.

Cheers,
Mitchell

Mitchell Evan, CPWA