Scrollable divs (Re: WCAG2.1 and keyboard navigation)

(New subject: Scrollable divs)

Hi Matt,

I agree with your list of problems. I'll add that all nested scrollbars
(including iframes) are usually awkward for sighted use with voice control,
small mobile screens, browser zoom, and screen magnification.

We could talk about design solutions to avoid or reduce nested scrollbars,
such as popping a chat session into a new browser window. However,
overflow:auto has its uses, and some browsers make it tab-focusable
natively.

So, is there something missing in native browser behaviors or accessibility
APIs that would improve the experience for scrollable divs?

Mitchell Evan
mtchllvn@gmail.com
linkedin.com/in/mitchellrevan <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mitchellrevan>
Twitter @mitchellrevan <https://twitter.com/mitchellrevan>