Re: WCAG2.1 and keyboard navigation

Patrick said correctly that non-interactive elements should almost
never be *tab
focusable.*

There's another special case worth mentioning: when necessary for focus
management, sometimes a non-interactive element needs to be *script
focusable*. I'm mentioning this because one instance does occur in the Modal
Dialog Example
<https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/dialog-modal/dialog.html>
page which Matt sent. The second dialog there has a paragraph
with tabindex=-1, making it script focusable but not tab focusable.

To be very clear, these are special cases only. Most text should not be
focusable.

Mitchell Evan
mtchllvn@gmail.com
linkedin.com/in/mitchellrevan <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mitchellrevan>