Re: Accessibility of HTML title attribute for tooltips

It does not always have to be static texts. Quite often details and summary does the job of hiding and revealing information.

I like to give a short hint for experienced users in the summary and reveal in depth help in the hidden part of the details element.

But: Everything depends on the particular problem you want to solve. There is not one “right” solution for every use case.

And yes: sometimes just static text might be the best choice. In som cases you might should use the deque tool tips and sometimes a picture tells more than a thousand words (of course it will be interesting to write the alternative text for such an image) ;-)

So if it has to be a tool tip, you know now how to make them accessible. But be open for other design patterns, too.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marc Haunschild
www.mhis.de