Re: Do you set a lang attribute for URLs?

Cat,

As a speaker of foreign languages myself, I can say that the
bastardization of the world's languages into English is well under way,
and the speakers of those languages no longer try to stop the English
onslaught.  When a foreign writer uses an English word like "weekend",
it is with the conviction that the foreign reader will understand the
word whether that reader is disabled or not.  Even better, a screen
reader setting will often present the word as used in that language, for
example, wi-fi is pronounced wee-fee in German, just what the German
listener needs.

I say we go with the author's assumption the same as if they use a
cryptic English word the reader may not understand.

Cheers,
Peter Shikli
Access2online Inc.
29030 SW Town Center Loop East
Suite 202-187
Wilsonville, OR 97070
503-570-6831 - pshikli@access2online.com
Cell: 949-677-3705
FAX: 503-582-8337
www.access2online.com
Prison inmates helping the internet become accessible