Re: Or! - RE: Re: how to code strikethroughs for a screenreader

Thanks all for the input and quick action.

From: Matt King <a11ythinker@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 at 10:20 AM
To: "alands289@gmail.com" <alands289@gmail.com>, 'Phill Jenkins' <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>, Char Easter <ceaster@seattletimes.com>
Cc: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Or! - RE: Re: how to code strikethroughs for a screenreader

Scope of ARIA 1.3 includes new semantics related to annotations, which includes comments on revisions marked up with ins and del elements.

As part of adding these semantics to ARIA 1.3, we will also draft guidance for the ARIA Authoring Practices and add canonical examples of implementations.

After the APG Task Force has consensus on the example implementations, we will add screen reader tests for the semantics to the ARIA and Assistive Tehcnology  (aria-at) project.

So, by end of year, we should have an end-to-end understanding of any gaps in this space and a clear path to full support.