RE: tagging transliterated text

Hello,

I thought that this reference from NISO would be helpful. I know it is not
the right language, but I suspect NISO would have a list of languages where
there are agreed upon standards.

Best

George

Reminder: Please cast your vote on the ballot "ISO/CD 233-3, Transliteration
of Arabic characters into Latin - Persian language" in the "TC46 Ballot
Advisory Group" group.

Ballot Title: ISO/CD 233-3, Transliteration of Arabic characters into Latin
- Persian language
<http://groups.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/tc46ballots/ballot.php?id=1086>

  _____

Question
Do you approve the circulation of ISO/CD 233-3 as a DIS (Draft International
Standard)?

Closing Date: Tuesday, 10 March 2020 @ 11:59 pm EDT

Description
ISO/CD 233-3, Information and documentation - Transliteration of Arabic
characters into Latin characters - Part 3: Persian language - Simplified
transliteration

This part of ISO 233 establishes a simplified system for the transliteration
of Persian characters into Latin characters. This simplification of the
stringent rules established by ISO 233:1984 is especially intended to
facilitate the processing of bibliographic information (e.g. catalogues,
indices, citations, etc.)

Question: Do you approve the circulation of ISO/CD 233-3 as a DIS
(Distributed International Standard)?

Your voting options are:

Approve - Comments optional

Approval with comments - Comments required

Disapprove - Comments required

Abstain from voting - Comments optional

IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Permission is granted by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to
electronically reproduce this working draft International Standard for
purpose of review and comment related to the preparation of the U.S.
position, provided this notice is included. All other rights are reserved.

Vote
<http://groups.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/tc46ballots/ballot.php?id=1086>

*	Approve
*	Approval with comments