RE: Buttons vs links

Hi,

according to HTML spec, links are for resources and buttons are for actions.
There are exceptions:

* in general, use links for going to a new page or downloading a document.
* links can also be used within a web page (skip navigation links etc.).

* buttons are used for sending forms (most often to a script).
* Otherwise they should be used for performing actions on the web page (e.g.
widgets).

* Actions can, of course, mean calling a new resource in a process. It will
not always be clear, whether a button or a link is more appropriate.

Jan

Nielsen