Re: Global Shortcut Keys and Screen Reader Accessibility?

Any time you use a keyboard shortcut, it is important to consider and
include the following:
 * A way to turn the keyboard shortcut(s) off
 * An alternative (and accessible) way to access the same functionality
without the keyboard (e.g. button elements on the page)
 * How the keyboard shortcut affects different assistive technologies
 * Whether it is useful to allow shortcuts to be turned on/off as a group
as well as individually
 * An accessible way to teach all users how to use the keyboard shortcut(s)

The spacebar is often used as a play/pause shortcut.