RE: Conformance for Desktop Software Applications

Steve, keep in mind that Chapter 5 Generic requirements would also apply in addition to Chapter 11.  Ideally you would also want to keep all of the Chapter 4 Functional Performance requirements in mind as well.  If the software contained other features like two way communications, authoring capabilities, or video other chapter from EN 301 549 may apply.

Jonathan

From: Steve Lesslie <steve@lesslie.plus.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:01 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Conformance for Desktop Software Applications

Many thanks Steve/Shadi for the responses.

Shadi (regarding any reason for not following EN 301 549 for conformance) - I guess the question mark is whether this European standard is globally recognised enough to address any accessibility related lawsuits outside the EU.

I assume it would given the WCAG 2.1 level AA criteria is interpreted through WCAG2ICT which in turn is reflected in EN 301 549.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best regards

Steve