Re: Screenreader says....

Well speaking personally,  there are so many screen readers available,
with  individual preferences naturally and understandably  impossible to
anticipate, I fear seeking a pattern leans too much into the one  size
fits all  concept of access.
For example, the  sample you provided in your post was not spoken as one
of two.  The code itself was spoken.
I personally feel that helpful to realize that individuals using screen
readers  have the capacity to understand context.  If  they know what they
are reading, then they can choose the best method for their screenreader
to articulate the information for their individual needs.
Does that make sense?

creating a guide based on the performance of one screen reader is not
helpful   for individuals using any of the more than 20 more I can think
of   off the top of  my head smiles.
  Just my stance,
Kare