Re: Focus indicators for grouped controls

Considering new technolgies (and of course future technologies not yet invented, as suggested by Mitchell) should we use another term instead of “keyboard focus” to refer to the “visual focus/active status indicator” in its abstract concept?
A screen reader focus indicator on a mobile device for example, even if doesn’t fit the “keyboard focus” definition (or should be?), allows users navigating sequentially. The word “keyboard focus” from my point of view may be confusing.

Giacomo Petri