Re: Focus indicators for grouped controls

On 16/10/2019 13:28, Alastair Campbell wrote:
>> Devil's advocating: for a mouse user, is the "point of interaction" not the tip of their mouse pointer?
>
> I have assumed it is, does that not align with the definition?
>
> For "The point of interaction for the user’s input."
> I was trying not to assume what the input was, or that you couldn't have more than one concurrently.

If I tab somewhere on a web page, or click on an input field, but then
move the mouse pointer...where's my "focus"? That's when you end up back
with "keyboard focus" and "mouse focus"

>> Are there any other places in the spec (possibly in
>> understanding) where the concept of what focus IS has been elaborated?
>
> Yes, lots, it has a big ripple effect. Not in normative text (thankfully) but lots of places in understanding documents/techniques.

Thinking more that perhaps we can gather them and see if they can be
frankensteined or synthesized into a generic-enough definition that
doesn't clash with them.

Patrick H. Lauke