RE: Question about applicability of authoring tool requirements

From a 508 perspective authored content is anything sharable with another person including creation of video content.   I take this to include forum posts, editors, wiki's, site creation tools, software that exports video, whiteboards, and tools that create documents, etc.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:58 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Question about applicability of authoring tool requirements

Hello All,
I believe authoring tool requirements of S508 Chapter 5 do apply to SharePoint apps or bug tracking apps or pages that permit one to add comments / pictures.
These In a sense have authoring tool features, sometimes, including
ability to save in a different format,   but the application  or page
may not be typically be regarded as an "authoring tool application"
and individuals who  add / edit content may not see themselves as authors.
So I am just doing a rethink:  are these "authoring tools" for S508 purpose?
Thanks,
--
Sailesh Panchang
Principal Accessibility Consultant