Re: Question regarding 1.4.10 Reflow

On 23/08/2019 19:18, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are having a scenario while testing for 1.4.10 Reflow, where we are
> zooming the view port to 400% in 1280 x 768 resolution, and in this
> environment, the content is getting scattered that makes it not
> usable. However if we test in the portrait mode which has a resolution
> of 1280 x 1024 px, the content is understandable and appears to be in
> a single column.
>
> Upon checking the details at
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/Understanding/reflow.html, for
> vertically scrolling content  to reach 320 CSS pixels, the width of
> the view port is given as 1280 px, which has to be zoomed to 400%. But
> here height of the view port is not mentioned.
>
> Now, the question is that, as we are having different behavior for
> different height of the view ports, which one should we consider as
> compliant?

It sounds like the site uses some form of media query perhaps? Some
query related to available vertical space? If so, then both breakpoints
need to be tested, and it sounds like in one it fails and in the other
it passes...so a fail overall.

If it's not using media queries, and just happens to work at a specific
height but not others, I'd still fail that, exactly because for
vertically-scrolling content no height is specified - the requirement
being that it work at 320 CSS px width, ideally at any vertical size.

Patrick H. Lauke